5.06.2009

Six Degrees of flapper doodle separation

I had this CRAZY idea last night --

I was just sitting around, thinking about art, and how to get people to see it.  I personally think it's the toughest challenge you face when you decide to be an artist-- nevermind the creative blocks, artistic frustration or financial woes. Getting people to actually SEE your art is probably the hardest thing to do.

SO, I was just sitting around, thinking about art, and how to get people to see it. And then this idea struck me....

Six degrees of flapper doodle separation. With each order, I'm sending *and on this blog I am posting* a little form that is kind of like a snail-mail-meets-21st-century referral program. Each person that refers 6 friends to my flapper doodle store gets a free mini print, and the friends all get a coupon. Then maybe one of those friends places an order with that coupon, gets a 6 degrees of separation form in their order, and so on and so on until my art has TAKEN OVER THE UNIVERSE! muah ha ha ha! (cough cough)

So anyway! Here is the snazzy little booklet I designed for my orders, and which, from here on in, will be accessible through my blog sidebar :D  Click on the images to view larger versions.

ps. If you are an artist, feel free to steal the idea & let me know how it works for you!