7.31.2009

new website design


(if you read my other blogs, sorry for the multiple posts!)


I've been meaning to re-design my site for what seems like forever now. Well, more like six months or so... When I started the classic movie art and the flapper doodles, I changed my business cards to look something like this:



Kate Gabrielle

www.kategabrielle.com

www.kategabrielle.etsy.com

www.kategabrielle.blogspot.com

www.silentsandtalkies.etsy.com

www.silentsandtalkies.blogspot.com

www.flapperdoodle.etsy.com

www.flapperdoodle.blogspot.com

kategabrielleart@yahoo.com



Whoa! That's a lot of websites!! Then a lightbulb went off... Wouldn't it be easier to just have links to everything on my main site? Yes!!


So now, www.kategabrielle.com houses all of my links. From this landing point, you can jump over to any of my blogs or etsy shops, join my mailing list, visit my twitter, flickr or youtube accounts, or send me an email. I've included a short bio (along with some fun trivia) and a list of upcoming shows and recent awards. All of this is jam packed into a tiny little site now. Voila! My business cards will now read simply:



Kate Gabrielle

www.kategabrielle.com

kategabrielleart@yahoo.com



So anyway! It would be fantastic if you would take a look at the new site and let me know what you think! I designed it myself (I do a little web design on the side) and I'm pretty happy with my new, unconventional layout.


ps. for some reason I'm having a tiny amount of trouble having it show up totally correctly in the safari browser. it's showing up right, though, in firefox & ie. If anyone can explain why this is happening or any html tags that would fix the discrepancy I'd greatly appreciate it!!