10.02.2009

Advice needed!

I have a little conundrum that I need some help with...

As you probably know, etsy has two ways of formatting pictures. In list view, they are square images. In gallery view, they are cut to 155 x 125 pixels-- so if you have a perfect square image, your top and bottom get cut off in gallery view. That also means those images are less likely to be included in treasuries or displayed on the front page. It ALSO means that it's not very appealing when customers are browsing your shop.

Case in point-- I selected two prints from my shop that I have this problem with. First I'm showing the image at the 155x25 ratio, as it is displayed in the gallery format. Then I have a second option-- what if I crop my images a lot, so that a detail of the drawing is shown instead of the whole thing? Let me know what you think! Which would you be more inclined to click on if you were browsing my shop? Help! :)



OR....



OR...