9.27.2009

New drawings!


Eloise and Ramona ride their Vespa


Unlike Eloise, Ramona had mastered the pogo stick

The show yesterday wasn't really a success, I made back my investment plus a little extra. In this economy I should be grateful I had any sales at all -- the shows this year have been really pitiful! I hope the economy improves soon or lots of artists will have to quit the business. I noticed a lot of regulars missing from this show already.

Since I didn't do so hot yesterday, and because rain was predicted for today, I decided to skip the second day of the show to stay home and draw instead. I'm really, really happy with what I drew today! I've wanted to do a new Vespa flapper for a while (I liked the old one, but wasn't entirely thrilled with it) and I love love love the new one! Also, one good thing did come out of yesterday's show-- someone suggested that I do the flappers on a pogo stick! I can't believe I hadn't thought of that yet. Naturally, Eloise isn't quite coordinated enough to do it yet, but Ramona is!

Gosh these posts are getting lengthy anymore! Sorry about that!

Anyway, I'm going to list those framed drawings in my originals shop tomorrow and also I have something exciting up my sleeve that hopefully will be finished this week!