5.09.2013

two new illustrations!



I've finally been in the mood to draw again lately. I remember when I first started Flapper Doodle 4 years ago (FOUR YEARS AGO!) I used to draw a new illustration almost every day. I guess it's a good thing I lost steam though or else I'd have almost 1500 drawings in my shop now! ;)

The first drawing was inspired by a photo of one of my favorite bloggers, Solanah from Vixen Vintage. You can view her original post here!

This drawing was loosely inspired by a photo of Fay Wray (you can view the original here) which also inspired the title of the piece, "It was beauty killed the beast."from her most famous movie, King Kong. I love the idea of using poses from vintage stills and photos and then kind of flapper-doodle-izing them.

Both prints are available in 4x6 and 8x10 in my etsy shop here!