6.29.2013

road trip drawing #1: new jersey



Right now I'm currently back in my home state of New Jersey, regrouping and trying to figure out a more organized way of continuing my road trip. I didn't plan very well before I left so I ran into a lot of obstacles along the way. Live and learn :) I'm just going to research a little better and book hotels in advance before we set out on the road again.

Anyway, I did finish the first drawing in my road trip series! It's (of course) my home state of New Jersey :D My favorite part of the state is the shore, so I decided to pay homage to one of the long-standing traditions in Atlantic City -- the Miss America pageants which started in 1921. As one of those girls who dreads shopping for swimsuits, I wish they still looked like this! ;)

The drawing is available in my shop here.